Kaia is a mission-focused health technology company.
Our story began in 2016, when our founders, Konstantin Mehl and Manuel Thurner, created a mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions of people with chronic conditions. No strangers to chronic pain themselves, they decided to innovate ways to remove the obstacles many people experience in getting the leading-edge care they need.
How do Kaia apps work? Kaia uses a dynamic AI-powered algorithm. Our programs are based on multimodal rehabilitation, a holistic approach to managing chronic conditions. Our users have easy access via smartphone and tablet to our programs for back/hip/knee pain and COPD using this evidence-based approach.
Five years into our story, we are a leader in digital therapeutics, with 500,000+ users worldwide. Having raised $125 million from investors like Optum Ventures, idInvest, and Balderton Capital, to name a selected few, we are poised to create a global footprint in digital self-care. Kaia is patient empowerment made easy.
The regulatory landscape is quickly adapting to the digital ecosystem. Therefore, our mission and strategy bring new opportunities for determined talent to join our journey. With over 100 “Kaianeers” spread across the US and Europe, we now need more specialized talent to help take our mission further.
We are looking for a driven, experienced product quality architect who is excited about our mission and wants to help us build a user-friendly application that improves the health of thousands of people around the world.
The UX Writer role
As a UX Writer / Content Designer at Kaia, your main responsibility will be to drive our content design process through its different iterative stages. You will work in close collaboration with our product teams, domain experts and other stakeholders to define problems, opportunities, and solutions to inform your content design work. Your work will directly flow into and further shape Kaia’s app, guiding the product teams towards effective and stimulating product solutions, and improving our processes in an environment that values and understands good UX research and design. This position reports directly to the head of user experience.
In summary, you will:
- Transcreate/translate existing English UX copy into powerful German copy and own the German UX writing for new product features.
- Help shape the content strategy together with our content strategists, domain experts and product managers.
- Drive content design, incl. UX writing, information architecture and information flow in collaboration with our cross-functional product teams.
- Inform and align your content design with our brand positioning, product/content strategy and user insights.
- Bring consistency of our content and copy to all our platforms and products while considering the context of the environment.
- Monitor and observe the impact of your work after release, and use that input to constantly improve our products.
- Help to establish a human-centered design culture within the company.
- You are skilled in UX writing across platforms (iOS, Android, Web, email).
- You have excellent German as well as English skills with a proficiency to articulate in both written and spoken language.
- You have strong experience working along iterative product design and development processes in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy collaborating and working in a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team.
- You know how to effectively collaborate with product managers, UX design roles (illustrators, UX Researchers, UX/UI Designers, etc), as well as stakeholders (medical domain experts, product managers, etc) towards an all-comprehensive user experience.
- You are able to take effective short-cuts to help the team launch MVPs quickly, and test hypotheses to inform further iterations.
Ideally you also have:
- An understanding of the digital healthcare industry and experience in medical content writing.
- Experience with UX Writing in the context of mobile apps.
- Experience with content design for conversational / voice interfaces.
- Knowledge of the content landscape in digital health, healthcare and medical writing practices is preferred
You’ll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with.
- We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imaginedWork with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
Some of the benefits of being a Kaianeer:
You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
You’ll enjoy flat hierarchies, a hybrid work from home/office environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
We support your professional development and have a budget set aside for you just for that!
Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions galore!
Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.