Kaia is a mission-focused health technology company.
Our story began in 2016, when our founders, Konstantin Mehl and Manuel Thurner, created a mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions of people with chronic conditions. No strangers to chronic pain themselves, they decided to innovate ways to remove the obstacles many people experience in getting the leading-edge care they need.
How do Kaia apps work? Kaia uses a dynamic AI-powered algorithm. Our programs are based on multimodal rehabilitation, a holistic approach to managing chronic conditions. Our users have easy access via smartphone and tablet to our programs for back/hip/knee pain and COPD using this evidence-based approach.
Five years into our story, we are a leader in digital therapeutics, with 500,000+ users worldwide. Having raised $125 million from investors like Optum Ventures, idInvest, and Balderton Capital, to name a selected few, we are poised to create a global footprint in digital self-care. Kaia is patient empowerment made easy.
The regulatory landscape is quickly adapting to the digital ecosystem. Therefore, our mission and strategy bring new opportunities for determined talent to join our journey. With over 100 “Kaianeers” spread across the US and Europe, we now need more specialized talent to help take our mission further.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for a talented technical writer to join our engineering team. We are open to remote work for the right candidate.
The role encompasses:
- You will create documentation to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users.
- You will write new documentation based on feature requirement documents, case studies, user stories, specifications, information from the product team and use of the product.
- Contribute to documentation for developers (APIs, utilities, architecture models, tech training, coding guidelines etc.).
- Same successful experience in a startup implementing documentation management system and standards, and writing functional software documentation in partnership with developers and product managers
- You have at least 2 years of experience writing in a tech company.
- Your excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent English and technical writing experience is a MUST.
- You are a master at quickly grasping complex technical concepts and making them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- You have a natural ability to simplify and create structured content.
- Target audience is key and you know it; you’re always thinking about whom you’re writing for.
- You are familiar with the fast-paced environment of a B2B startup, so you’re always proactively researching product changes to determine the scope of edits.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles.
You’ll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
- Flexible remote work policy
Some of the benefits of being a Kaianeer:
You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
You’ll enjoy flat hierarchies, a hybrid work from home/office environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
We support your professional development and have a budget set aside for you just for that!
Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions galore!
Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.