At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. Together with our clients, we co-create transformational businesses and services to redefine the way humans and technology interact. We show the direction. We design customer experiences. We code. We make you the culture you need. We make future digital businesses.
In a nutshell
We are looking for people who know their stuff, who are passionate about it and want to learn more – not just a person for a specific position. We want this person to be involved in communicating with the clients and we want them to have a say on how something should look and work. Whether you prefer frontend, backend, or full-stack, doesn’t really matter as long as building usable digital services is your thing. As a Senior, you would be responsible for being a hands-on lead developer in projects, you might be coaching others to learn more and you will definitely be constantly learning new technologies yourself.
- Set up microservices and backends with e.g. Node.js, Scala or Python.
- Create web applications/build smooth single-page apps from the ground up in e.g. React, Angular or Vue.
- Participate in exciting and diverse projects with different clients using agile methods.
- Be a hands-on lead developer in projects.
- Coach others to learn more as well as constantly learning new technologies yourself.
What we’re looking for
- Degree in computer science/informatics or comparable qualifications.
- Well-founded and multi-year experience in Backend as well as in Frontend.
- Proven ability to implement complex, multi-layered services with high-quality frontend and backend code, e.g. using JS/Node.js, Scala, Java, Clojure, ClojureScript.
- You know how to minify, bundle, and get your code running on e.g. Heroku.
- You are no stranger to HTML and CSS, or looking up DOM elements and setting breakpoints in Chrome’s DevTools.
- Eagerness to learn new things and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Strong and engaging communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience in cloud computing
- Experience in DevOps
- Agile experience, perhaps even as a Scrum Master
- Experience in creating solution proposals for clients
- Willingness to learn and work on a completely different platform (e.g. mobile) when the opportunity arises
- Experience with IoT devices and services
- Desire and skills to coach and mentor other developers
- Interest in UI/UX design
- Open-source contributor
One or two Nice-to-haves would be excellent. Three would blow our minds. Four may bring us to tears. Your superpower is not on the list? Surprise and convince us!
We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice. Besides our people and our culture that has been awarded internationally, we have even more multiple benefits for you:
- Flexible working hours some are night owls, other early birds! No one is equally productive 9 to 5 and we are fine with it!
- Load your batteries you will have 30 paid vacation days!
- We consider individual needs Choose the way you work best by selecting your own devices and tools.
- Personal IT budget which allows you to regularly update your work equipment
- Ultimate learning platform continuous learning is one of our core values, therefore you will be offered various learning opportunities in your daily work as well as internal learning events, training and meet-ups to share and enlarge your knowledge
- Company pension scheme you have the possibility to participate in a direct insurance company pension plan
- Sports benefit We want our FutuEmployees to stay fit and healthy! Therefore Futurice sponsors your personal membership at Urban sports with a certain amount of the monthly costs.
- Social responsibility program where you can give back to the community and receive sponsorship from Futurice for doing open-source projects in your free time.
- Agile working environment short decision paths and low hierarchies
- Regular feedback culture & retrospectives we support you, to become a better version of yourself!
And last but not least – our Futurice specialities!
- FutuHike work in another office for a week
- FutuLabs access to 3D printers, VR & AR gear and other cool emerging tech stuff
- FutuBuddy as a new joiner you will get supported from an assigned colleague to guide you through your onboarding process and first weeks at Futurice!
We would love to hear from you! Please share a few lines about yourself and your up-to-date CV using the form below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Futurice’s goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. As an ultimate learning platform that empowers people to become a better version of themselves, we believe that diversity and inclusion are important to our company’s success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, medical condition, or other non-merit factors – we care for each other!