Kaia is a mission-focused health technology company.
Our story began in 2016, when our founders Konstantin Mehl and Manuel Thurner, set out on a mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions of people with chronic conditions. No strangers to chronic pain themselves, they decided to innovate ways to remove the obstacles many people experience in getting the leading-edge care they need in order to live their best lives.
How do Kaia apps work? Kaia uses a dynamic AI-powered algorithm. Our programs are based on multimodal rehabilitation, a holistic approach to managing chronic conditions. Our users have easy access via smartphone and tablet to our programs for back/hip/knee pain and COPD using this evidence-based approach.
Five years into our story, we are a leader in digital therapeutics, with 500,000+ users worldwide. Having raised $125 million from investors such as Optum Ventures, idInvest, and Balderton Capital. We are poised to create a global footprint in digital self-care; Kaia is patient empowerment made easy.
The regulatory landscape is quickly adapting to the digital ecosystem. Therefore, our mission and strategy bring new opportunities for exceptional talent to join our journey. With over 200 “Kaianeers” spread across the globe, we need now, more than ever, specialized talent to help take our mission further.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to join our Technology Platform Engineering team. As a senior DevOps Engineer at Kaia Health, you will be working closely with the software engineering teams to design, build and run Kaia’s applications.
- You elicit infrastructure requirements by taking into account technical constraints, customer constraints, and regulatory obligations
- You build self service solutions so all teams at Kaia can easily deploy, maintain or monitor applications and microservices.
- You automate and scale up our infrastructure on AWS
- You own up-time metrics, resilience, and security of our production environment
- You monitor and maintain our server setup and keep software up-to-date
- 10+ years of practical experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or equivalent field
- Experience managing, analyzing, and troubleshooting highly-available and distributed software in AWS.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and troubleshooting Docker containers
- Solid container orchestration skills with Kubernetes
- Fully proficient in at least one programming language, ideally Ruby on Rails or Python
- Competent skills with Linux OS and system administration
- Ability to automate or script simple tasks with Bash shell or Python
- Solid experience in automation and Infrastructure-as-code with Terraform
- Experience with networking, IT security and databases
- Strong engineering background with academic training (B. Sc.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong English writing skills and a sense of ownership and drive
Ideally you also have:
- Understanding of machine learning concepts or first practical experience
- Experience developing Ruby on Rails and Python applications
- Experience with various cloud platforms, especially Open Telekom Cloud
- Experience with with Network Engineering concepts (VPCs, subnets, routes, VPNs, etc)
- Experience with Security related technologies and regulatory compliance, e.g. HIPAA, SOC2, ISO27001, HITRUST, etc.
Some of the benefits of being a Kaianeer:
- You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
- You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
- You’ll enjoy accessible leaders, a hybrid (home/office) or remote work environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
- We support your professional development and have a budget and PTO set aside for you just for that!
- Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.
What we offer in Germany:
- A competitive salary
- Occupational pension plan opt-in
- Gym membership subsidy
- Mobile Plan
- Child Care subsidy opt-in
- Transportation Allowance up to 60€ per month
- Meal allowance up to 100€ per month
- A laptop of your choice (Mac or PC) up to 2,000€
- 600€ budget for peripherals
- An annual budget of 1,200€ dedicated to your personal development
- 24 days PTO, plus 4 days personal development days off
- Complimentary access to Kaia app
- Free beers after 6pm in the office & Free fruits
- Centrally located office in Munich (Sendlinger Tor)