Kaia is a mission-focused health technology company.
Our story began in 2016, when our founders Konstantin Mehl and Manuel Thurner, set out on a mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions of people with chronic conditions. No strangers to chronic pain themselves, they decided to innovate ways to remove the obstacles many people experience in getting the leading-edge care they need in order to live their best lives.
How do Kaia apps work? Kaia uses a dynamic AI-powered algorithm. Our programs are based on multimodal rehabilitation, a holistic approach to managing chronic conditions. Our users have easy access via smartphone and tablet to our programs for back/hip/knee pain and COPD using this evidence-based approach.
Five years into our story, we are a leader in digital therapeutics, with 500,000+ users worldwide. Having raised $125 million from investors such as Optum Ventures, idInvest, and Balderton Capital. We are poised to create a global footprint in digital self-care; Kaia is patient empowerment made easy.
The regulatory landscape is quickly adapting to the digital ecosystem. Therefore, our mission and strategy bring new opportunities for exceptional talent to join our journey. With over 150 “Kaianeers” spread across the globe, we need now, more than ever, specialized talent to help take our mission further.
We are looking for a passionate copywriter who will be a part of scaling our marketing organization and accelerating growth for our products. You will report to the VP Marketing.
As our medical copywriter, you will have a direct impact on helping physicians understand the solutions offered by Kaia Health. You will join our marketing team to help define content strategies and write effective, medically accurate German-language messaging to drive brand awareness, engagement, and trust for our apps for back pain and COPD to be published on our website, in sales and marketing materials, as well as social media and paid channels.
You would work along with other members of the growing marketing team, like a product marketing manager, patient-facing copywriter, and our medical team on daily business tasks, as well as our sales and business development teams. You are a highly motivated person and are passionate about healthcare and SEO. The role can be remote in Germany.
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- done it before: Show us that you have created engaging and medically accurate German-language medical texts that create trust and credibility across digital and offline marketing channels and platforms
- at least 2+ years of experience in the field of medical copywriting/journalism, familiar with German “Heilmittelwerbegesetz”
- a passion for data: analyze and report on content and keyword performance, communicating learnings, progress, timelines, and results
- attention to detail to be able to ensure consistency with brand, product, and regulatory/legal requirements
- strong research/quantitative skills and analytical mindset with academic training and an eye for detail but also the big picture in mind
- the ability to dive deep into medical research, use medical terminology accurately and be on top of scientific trends
- high EQ and excellent communication skills in English and native-level German
- a strong collaborative personality – this role will require you to partner with multiple teams
You will enjoy our company culture if you:
- are user-centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- have a bias for action; the world is a complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex, simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
Some of the benefits of being a Kaianeer:
You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
You’ll enjoy accessible leaders, a hybrid (home/office) or remote work environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
We support your professional development and have a budget and PTO set aside for you just for that!
Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions.
Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.