We live reliability – it is a central part not just of our culture and key for your role as a Lead Software Engineer – Integrations (m/f/d), but also key for remberg’s mission is to help companies become digital champions in the age of IoT. To do this, we are developing a new kind of software that is not just about customers and contacts, but above all about ‘things’, such as machines, plants, buildings or vehicles. With a modern integration strategy in existing IT landscapes such as ERP, CRM or IoT platforms, it is becoming the leading system in service, sales and marketing.
Get on board in leading businesses into the digital future and help build a fast-growing start-up:
As a Lead Software Engineer – Integrations (m/f/d) at remberg, you are responsible for our public API and our self-built integrations with partners. Your goal is to deliver a good external developer experience, paving the way for partners and interested parties to integrate with us.
- You drive cross-team engineering initiatives to ensure the reliability and stability of our software and, every few weeks, together with the product & engineering team you ship new features for our cloud-based software that immediately bring real value to our customers
- You act autonomously and take ownership of the features you build, while working in a highly collaborative team environment. You take data-driven decisions and lead by example, so that others can learn from you
- You drive technical discussions and communicate technical decisions to stakeholders
- You build beautiful, reusable code and libraries for future use and therefore ensure that our software can scale well in the upcoming months and years
- You write well-structured, commented, and documented code that can easily be understood by your peers. Furthermore, you thoroughly test developed features to ensure the high quality of our product
- You present new features of our product at internal events and excite our Sales and Customer Success colleagues about what they will be able to show our customers
- You contribute to the creation of internal team engineering standards
- You coach and onboard junior and professional team members
- You participate in functional case interviews
You are looking for a challenging, fast-paced environment and have already been able to prove in a similar position before that you are resilient, self-starter, data-driven, highly reliable and structured and know what needs to be done to help build and scale our software.
- 5+ years of software development experience using using Node in a microservice environment
- Track record of working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Experience with event driven architectures, domain driven design, and eventual consistency
- Experience in some of the following areas:
- building publicly available APIs & services
- building SDKs and frameworks to streamline the internal usage of services
- Integrate with other platforms and services in a scaling way
- building marketplaces, partner platforms and scaling them up
- Knowledge about resilience patterns
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- You are a proactive problem solver – you are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- You embrace feedback – no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other
- You learn with us from mistakes and bring your good vibes into the team
- Even in difficult situations you can stay calm, think through problems and topics in detail and find creative solutions
- You have strong written and spoken command of English (level C1)
The rembears are a colorful, ambitious, value-driven bunch of problem-solving champions, software-engineering masters, sales machines, customer darlings, design fanatics, product visionaries, sporting aces, beer pong kings & queens and more. In short: you should get to know us.
Apart from that, there are even more reasons to join us:
- With remberg you bet on the right horse – not only you, but also a number of renowned investors believe in us, such as Earlybird, Speedinvest, Fly Ventures, as well as business angels from five different Unicorns (including Personio, Celonis, UiPath, Forto, Aiven)
- You get the chance to help build a fast-growing startup. Many processes are still changing or are not yet as they should be. This is your opportunity to have a big impact on remberg’s development and success
- It is motivating to see that our solution actually helps companies in the ‘Mittelstand’ to do their tasks better, easier, faster every single day and that it prepares them for the digital future
- You can focus on what you do best – developing a best-in-class product, since we already use agile methodologies, modern tooling (e. g. Angular, Nest.js, GitLab, Docker, Ansible, Cypress, Sentry, …), have an in-house QA team that ensures software quality and stability and automate what we can with CI & CD technologies
- You can work from wherever you want, as long as you can achieve your tasks. Whatever works for you, works for us (e.g. Workation, Remote, Hybrid etc.)
- You get 30 vacation days
- Decide if you want Urban Sports Club membership, JobRad, GuudCard, or financial support with your mobility costs.
- You will receive your annual personal development budget of 1,500 euros, which you can use as you wish. Whether it’s a language course, advanced training or online courses.
- We have short decision-making processes, promising career opportunities, team events, of course a foosball table, very nice espresso machine, and much more.
remberg is a fast-growing start-up from Munich, building the XRM software, a new kind of solution for companies to digitize processes around ‘things’, such as equipment, machines, plants, and vehicles – the groundwork for the age of the Internet of Things (IoT).