At TeleClinic, we aim to be the patients’ starting point for all of their healthcare needs by building the leading on-demand platform for online doctor visits.
We are seeking a Head of Engineering to help make TeleClinic the fastest, easiest, and safest way to see a doctor online. We’re looking for someone experienced with building scalable software and teams in a rapidly growing company.
This Head of Engineering will use their knowledge to help TeleClinic create, develop, and ship technical products that mirror our company’s mission and values – specifically creating safe digital doctor visits designed with privacy and data protection in mind.
As the Head of Engineering, you will work closely with the engineering teams and Chief Technology Officer to foster a productive and collaborative engineering working culture. You will provide leadership and clarity to several engineering managers, and empower them to have the highest impact possible with their team while creating a state of the art architecture. In addition, you will partner closely with product managers, designers, and other business stakeholders to ensure goal alignment on planning objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of talented engineers enabling the entire team to do their best work
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, product designers, and data scientists, as well as key stakeholders and executives
- Build out career pathing including hiring, leading skill evaluations, providing reviews, raises, and promotions, and establishing roles
- Propose viable technical solutions to business needs that align with TeleClinic’s mission and values
- Provide knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
- Oversee technical developments and constantly encourage evaluating technical opportunities for TeleClinic
- Own the development and performance improvement of the engineering managers. Share feedback and advocate for transparent communication
- Inspire the engineering managers to seek bigger challenges, improve the way they work and strive for excellence
- Coach senior engineers to become effective mentors and leaders
What you need to be successful:
- Proven experience building scalable software and teams in a rapidly growing company. You have successfully built and managed a team of engineers in the past
- Well-versed with agile work practices, and other collaborative methods, early concept validation, growth hacking, iterative approach, and other similar methods
- Excellent communicator; able to convey intricate systems and logic to both technical and non-technical partners. Strong emotional intelligence, empathetic and a servant leader
- Experience growing, training, and running a team of engineers including skill evaluations, providing reviews, raises, and promotions
- Deep knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of a cross-functional, international, diverse, highly motivated and open-minded team
- 1.500 EUR personal development budget per year, 2 days additional leave for attending conferences and courses
- 27 vacation days per year, with an additional vacation day for each year – up to 30 vacation days
- 3 days home office per month and flexible working hours
- Notebook of your choice and all the tools & gadgets you need to be productive
- Do you like riding a bike? Then profit from the cooperation with JobRad
- Regular fun team and company events (e.g. Oktoberfest, Isar-rafting tour, laser-tag and much more)
- You don’t speak German? No problem you get 350€ per year for German courses
- Work in our modern, bright and spacious office and recharge at our hangout lounge where you can enjoy free fruits, snacks, and drinks