We believe in our team – it is a central part not just of our culture and key for your role as an Engineering Manager (m/f/d), but also key for remberg’s mission to help companies become digital champions in the age of IoT. To do this, we are building a new breed of software that is not only about customers and contacts, but above all about ‘things’, such as machines, buildings or vehicles.
Get on board in leading businesses into the digital future and help build a fast-growing start-up:
As Engineering Manager (m/f/d) you will be pushing the boundaries of growth and innovation in a fast-paced environment, while building and leading one of our high-performing interdisciplinary mission-based teams. You will continuously extend the engineering, operational and management excellence within the entire engineering department, drive the full cycle of feature development and take part in architecting the remberg XRM-System.
- You build driven and high-performing teams by focusing on the personal and professional development of the engineers, with e.g. 1-on-1s, coachings, and career planning.
- You build and influence an engineering culture of ownership, autonomy, and inclusivity, not just within your team but the whole department
- You collaborate closely with your partners in product and design to define and execute the most impactful initiatives
- You work closely with your team to provide feedback on architecture and approach. Therefore, you enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, and performant products
- You leverage your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices
You are looking for a challenging, fast-paced environment and have already been able to prove in a similar position before that you are resilient, self-starter, data-driven, highly reliable and structured and know what needs to be done to help build and scale our software and mission-based teams.
- Your profound knowledge of software engineering in combination with multiple years of hands-on experience in managing fast growing and high-performing teams enable you to build teams that focus on impact, technical excellence and transparency
- You have strong leadership skills and push decisions forward, while comfortably owning even the most ambiguous problems, making data-driven decisions and leading by example
- You have a passion for building reliable systems and have experience with microservice architectures
- You have excellent communication skills and can communicate transparently and effectively both within the team and across the organization. You can do so in fluent English, German is a plus
- You are a proactive problem solver – you are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- You embrace feedback – no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other
- You learn with us from mistakes and bring your good vibes into the team
- You’re willing to relocate to the wider Munich area
The rembears are a colorful, ambitious, value-driven bunch of problem-solving champions, software-engineering masters, sales machines, customer darlings, design fanatics, product visionaries, sporting aces, beer pong kings & queens and more. In short: you should get to know us.
Apart from that, there are even more reasons to join us:
- With remberg you bet on the right horse – not only you, but also a number of renowned investors believe in us, such as Earlybird, Speedinvest, Fly Ventures, as well as business angels from five different Unicorns (including Personio, Celonis, UiPath, Forto, Aiven)
- You get the chance to help build a fast-growing startup. Many processes are still changing or are not yet as they should be. This is your opportunity to have a big impact on remberg’s development and success
- It is motivating to see that our solution actually helps companies in the ‘Mittelstand’ to do their tasks better, easier, faster every single day and that it prepares them for the digital future
- You can focus on what you do best – developing a best-in-class product, since we already use agile methodologies, modern tooling (e. g. Angular, Nest.js, GitLab, Docker, Ansible, Cypress, Sentry, …), have an in-house QA team that ensures software quality and stability and automate what we can with CI & CD technologies
- You can work from wherever you want, as long as you can achieve your tasks. Whatever works for you, works for us (e.g. Workation, Remote, Hybrid etc.)
- You get 30 vacation days
- Decide if you want Urban Sports Club membership, JobRad, GuudCard, or financial support with your mobility costs.
- You will receive your annual personal development budget of 1,500 euros, which you can use as you wish. Whether it’s a language course, advanced training or online courses.
- We have short decision-making processes, promising career opportunities, team events, of course a foosball table, very nice espresso machine, and much more.
remberg is a fast-growing start-up from Munich, building the XRM software, a new kind of solution for companies to digitize processes around ‘things’, such as equipment, machines, plants, and vehicles – the groundwork for the age of the Internet of Things (IoT).