Kaia is a mission-focused health technology company.
Our story began in 2016, when our founders Konstantin Mehl and Manuel Thurner, set out on a mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions of people with chronic conditions. No strangers to chronic pain themselves, they decided to innovate ways to remove the obstacles many people experience in getting the leading-edge care they need in order to live their best lives.
How do Kaia apps work? Kaia uses a dynamic AI-powered algorithm. Our programs are based on multimodal rehabilitation, a holistic approach to managing chronic conditions. Our users have easy access via smartphone and tablet to our programs for back/hip/knee pain and COPD using this evidence-based approach.
Five years into our story, we are a leader in digital therapeutics, with 500,000+ users worldwide. Having raised $125 million from investors such as Optum Ventures, idInvest, and Balderton Capital. We are poised to create a global footprint in digital self-care; Kaia is patient empowerment made easy.
The regulatory landscape is quickly adapting to the digital ecosystem. Therefore, our mission and strategy bring new opportunities for exceptional talent to join our journey. With over 150 “Kaianeers” spread across the globe, we need now, more than ever, specialized talent to help take our mission further.
The regulatory landscape for digital therapeutics in the EU and especially Germany has shifted dramatically and opened up new opportunities to reach chronic disease patients and establish digital therapeutics in clinical environments. We are looking for a driven provider sales leader to join our European commercial teams and lead our effort to bring our evidence-based therapies to as many people as possible. As one of the first digital therapeutics in the markets and with the largest patient basis, we can build on our unique strengths in technology leadership and industry-leading clinical evidence. This role reports to the head of Europe.
What you will be doing
- Identify, develop and test multiple HCP sales models which work within the unique context of Kaia as a digital therapeutics manufacturer
- Build and scale the respective team structure once the right sales model is identified
- Run our sales operations by assigning targets, responsibilities and areas while ensuring the team stays motivated and on track to reach their goal
- Work closely with our distribution partners to increase the effectiveness of their outreach methods
- Partner closely with our marketing, business development, medical affairs and research team to further improve sales collateral and conversion tactics
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the digital healthcare landscape in regard to the product, competitors and related medical areas
- Collaborate with Head of Europe cross-functional Kaia teams across the globe to ensure consistency
Within the first 6-12 months, the following things will be imperative for success
- analyze the needs, wishes and problems of the customer group and identify the right mix of inbound, outbound and partnership opportunities to build Kaia’s unique sales model
- deeply analyze Kaia’s products, the underlying technologies and the clinical evidence to form compelling messages for HCP in the fields of primary care, orthopedics and pulmonary together with our marketing team
- create a segmentation of HCP to approach and the most effective way of converting them
- quickly test sales channels and rapidly grow a team to execute on ambitious sales goals
- partner up with functional and cross-functional internal stakeholders
- has 5+ years of experience in HCP sales department in the pharmaceutical, medtech, biotech, digital health or related industry
- is creative, flexible, but also hands-on without shying back from rolling up sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done even in the face of time, budget, and resource constraints
- has a deep network of potential future team members
- communicates exceptionally verbally and visually
- has proficient qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- speaks German and English with an ability to articulate in both written and spoken language.
Ideally you also have
- experience selling in the field of general practice, pneumology or musculoskeletal diseases in Germany
- familiarity with healthcare marketing regulations, especially the “Heilmittelwerbegesetz” in Germany
- experience with Health Tech and/or AI and building clear medical strategies around it
Some of the benefits of being a Kaianeer:
You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
You’ll enjoy accessible leaders, a hybrid (home/office) or remote work environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
We support your professional development and have a budget and PTO set aside for you just for that!
Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions.
Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.