Starting date: as soon as available. Duration: 3 – 6 months. Fluent German and professional capacities in English mandatory.
October (www.october.eu) is a leading European data driven FinTech company. Our mission is to empower businesses by simplifying and democratising their funding. We diversify the way SMES finance themselves, reduce their dependency on and deliver faster and better value than traditional banks. We are passionate about making SMES grow and have provided over €390 million to more than 700 different SMEs since our launch in 2015.
October is growing fast. Our team currently consists of 100+ (and counting!) people in Paris, Madrid, Milan, Amsterdam and Munich. We are proud that we have been named as Great Growth Company to work for in Europe in 2019.
At October we believe that a great culture is fundamental to our success and therefore put a strong emphasis on our company values.
What you will be doing
You will be an active member of the Credit Analysis team of October Deutschland. The team is responsible for analysing loan requests from German SMES on all aspects. This includes but is not limited to the analysis of companies’ financials, the management, strategy, market trends, environment, and industry and sector.
Your main tasks will include:
- Supporting the team in the analysis of data from financial statements, company presentations and rating agencies, and conducting KYC and compliance checks
- Compiling market information from various sources that are relevant for a credit decision
- Participating in client calls and collecting relevant information
- Preparing your findings and presenting them in a structured and comprehensible way
- Assisting in the preparation of investment recommendations
- At least three finished semesters of a university degree (bachelor or master), preferably in finance, business or economics
- Relevant experience (e.g. internships) in a financial services environment is advantageous
Knowledge and skills
- Good analytical skills with profound attention to detail
- Interest in Corporate Finance and income statement analysis
- Curious, critical, and integrative thinker
- Great communication skills (verbal and written). You will present your findings in a clear, simple and comprehensible manner
- Flexibility and resilience to work in a high-growth and quickly moving startup environment
- Open-minded and collaborative team player who is great to interact with
- Technologically oriented mindset. You should be at ease with and curious about technology and the digital world.
- Identification with our mission and alignment with our core values
- Fluent German and professional capacities in English
- At least 3 – 6 months availability
In addition to an internship salary above the market average, you’ll also be provided with e.g.:
- Active engagement in the Credit Analysis department with personal support by a senior colleague
- A great office right by Munich’s city center, close to e.g. the English Garden, and the many restaurants and bars in vibrant university district Maxvorstadt
- Free coffee, milk, water and Bavarian beer on tap for a cosy end-of-the week catch up on Friday evenings with your colleagues
- 30 holidays per year plus all Bavarian bank holidays.