We are Stryber – the largest independent corporate portfolio builder in the DACH region. We help our clients launch new digital ventures from scratch (and fix the strategy behind it) as well as build our own ventures.
Our Approach. We build web/mobile prototypes and MVPs to test and iterate business ideas quickly in the market. Later, we scale and grow the most promising ones to let them become leading solutions in their market.
This is where you come in. We carve out several successful MVPs per year into separate legal entities, hire a dedicated management team, and raise an investment round, giving the venture the best chance to become the next European unicorn! You join the CEO to validate the business case and generate first transactions. Then, you achieve product-market fit, raise a seed investment round within the first 6-12 months and continue to grow and scale the business and team further.
The venture. We have built a platform for employers that offers their workforce a broad range of financial wellness tools. More than 50% of households don’t have enough money to pay for an unexpected small bill. With our financial tools employees can prevent entering cycles of debt caused by loans, overdraft fees, high-cost-credit and payday loans. Thus we help every working individual to get rid of their financial stress. Our long-term mission is to help bring financial security and stability to the lives of working people. You can find more details about LaraPay here.
As Co-Founder you are part of the founding team and in the role of the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) you are fully responsible for all sales and marketing related parts of the company. This role includes:
- You will sell, sell, sell! Yes, you can and will build teams and scale, but you are also the first person to get the market going!
- You will define sales methodologies, mold our target audiences and structure processes and reporting.
- Structure the marketing and sales funnels for optimal success.
- Closing deals yourself and coaching others is a key trait, you will be responsible for delivering this success to the business.
- While a big portion of your responsibilities are sales and marketing related, you need to be able to communicate the feedback back to the product team.
- You will ensure that our team is set up for crossfunctinal growth as a SaaS sales force.
- Being able to pay in your share capital amount (typically between 6.000€ and 7.500€)
Together with your co-founders (CEO and CTO) you will own the majority of the company. So, this is a real founder opportunity!
- You are among the 1% of people who are true entrepreneurs at heart! This is a real founder opportunity. You have a strong burning desire to start your own company and are willing to take all the sacrifices and risks it comes with (bankruptcy, not being able to pay you a salary for months, hard work needed day and night to close customers and funding rounds, etc.). Otherwise: don’t apply and look for a regular employee job.
- You have founded a startup or have held a senior or lead sales or business development or growth position, or an experienced CRO or CCO with commercial acumen in a (scale-up) startup with significant achievements in your role
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree with outstanding academic results, preferably in the field of business
- You have experience with ramping up and leading international teams across multiple domains including cold-calling, marketing, enterprise sales, etc.
- You have a very good understanding of how to translate business and user requirements back to the technical roadmap leading to product-market-fit and growth
- You have a deep understanding of state-of-the-art CRM software and how to implement, automate and report business KPI’s
- You are no stranger to taking sound make-or-buy decisions, and you have extensive experience with the integration of third-party systems and channels sales
- Passion and vision for building a leading FinTech company in Europe with a strong hands-on attitude
- Fluency in German & English is a must as this position is strategically important to the DACH market to start.
- You are not afraid to work hands-on as co-founder: product input, running marketing campaigns, doing B2B sales, doing financial calculations, talking to potential investors → get ready to do it all in the early stages of your venture!
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- You are self-driven, ready to hustle every day (and night) and get things done
- Achiever mentality: You can show a track record of extraordinary accomplishments and previous entrepreneurial activities
- Experience in FinTech is a major plus
- A seed stage opportunity: a solid product, a business model proven by real transactions, attractive unit economics and a kick-ass founding team – You can build your own company from the ground up
- A co-founder opportunity with an attractive equity package (you OWN this company together with the co-founders)
- Don’t apply if: you feel not ready to survive with little or any salary for some months to keep the company from running out of cash too soon or you expect to earn beyond €50.000/p.a.
- Location: Munich or Berlin, Germany
Start date: asap